L.I.F.E. is dedicated to providing quality and cutting-edge services designed to facilitate the acquisition of functional skills in individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Our services include evidence-based techniques built on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). ABA helps us to understand:
- The Functions of Behavior (why do they do that?)
- The impact of the Environment on Behavior (what will increase or decrease that behavior?)
- How learning occurs (natural learning, discrete trials, how and when to reinforce)
- Increase communication skills and language development
- Increase attending skills, focus, and compliance with demands
- Increase social skills
- Increase independence with daily living skills, like dressing, personal hygiene tasks (washing hands, brushing teeth, etc.) and potty training
- Increase tolerance to new foods by expanding their diet
- Increase safety awareness
Our services will be specially tailored to your child’s individual needs after a thorough assessment period, where we will learn about their strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles. Sessions can take place in the home, at a daycare or school (with the location’s permission), and during community outings like shopping trips, birthday parties, and play dates so that we can work on behaviors in the natural environment.
We always closely collaborate with parents, caregivers, and other professionals who work with the child. Our services include parent education, so that we can teach you valuable skills and strategies that will help your child continue to grow, learn, and thrive long after they exit the program!